Date of birth: 18th October 1980
I am a hard-working, friendly and conscientious person with excellent technical skills. I have experience as a quality analyst and of supporting high volume real-time IT systems. I have developed software across several platforms. I am always looking for new challenges where I can learn new skills.
- Experience of working in Windows, Linux, TPF and z/OS environments.
- Knowledge of several major programming languages including C, C++, Java, Perl and PHP.
- Experience with all major office software (including Word and Excel) and email.
- Clear and concise communication including written and on the telephone.
- Capable of working well both within a team and on my own.
Education and Qualifications
The University of York – 1999-2003
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (including one year industrial placement at IBM)
SEEVIC College, Benfleet – 1997-1999
A-Levels in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Computing, General Studies
The Sweyne School, Rayleigh (now Sweyne Park) – 1992-1997
10 GCSEs including English, Mathematics, Science, French
Job title: Quality Analyst
Dates: February 2010 – Present
I have worked for major clients across many projects including search data relevance, page quality and ad relevance. My role requires working in several English and foreign-language markets and liaising with colleagues based in other countries. I have worked as an auditor and senior auditor to ensure that the quality of work produced meets the client’s guidelines and targets, e.g. by creating training sets and coaching material, and checking the work of other auditors. My current role is Program Lead across various projects.
Job title: Web Developer
Dates: August 2007 – Present
I have developed commercial websites from scratch such as rallyevents.co.uk and sheffieldmotorhomes.co.uk. I also help maintain several other websites including totaldriving.net. and totaltraining.uk.com.
Company: Amadeus Services Limited, Heathrow Airport
Dates: September 2003 – September 2009
I had two main roles whilst working with Amadeus:
Senior Service Assurance Analyst (May 2007-Sept 2009)
- Providing Problem Management (as per ITIL model) for new- generation (Linux) and legacy (TPF) airline IT systems.
- Investigating the cause of system problems.
- Ensuring that problems do not re-occur by implementing monitoring, creating new procedures and pro-actively looking for improvements.
- Chairing and participating in conference calls to discuss problems and improvements.
- Taking ownership of system changes until they have been implemented.
Support Programmer (Sept 2003 – May 2007)
- Providing 24×7 second level support for legacy (TPF) airline IT systems.
- Investigating system and application dumps.
- Performing system maintenance and applying changes.
Company: IBM Hursley, Hampshire
Job title: Industrial Trainee
Dates: July 2001 – June 2002
- Maintaining build machine for developers.
- Performing sanity tests on daily build to ensure no faults.
- Creating a new build machine with extra functionality to allow for more efficient development.
Interests and Hobbies
I enjoy spending time with my family (I have three young children), sport (especially cycling), reading, music (listening, attending concerts and playing the guitar), playing computer games and socialising with family and friends.